Service Credit Union is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for Service Credit Union.
To ensure that you can rely upon the quality of products and services we offer, your credit union stands behind the following privacy policies.
Service Credit Union will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct business. “Personal information” is defined as that which is non-public but is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services including information which we:
- Receive from members on applications and other forms
- Collect from your transactions with us or others
- Request from a credit reporting agency
- Obtain when verifying information.
Service Credit Union will protect members’ personal information.
- Service Credit Union will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in the files and computers is protected.
- Where appropriate, the Credit Union will use security coding to prevent unauthorized access to personal records, to ensure accuracy and the integrity in all communications and transactions, and to protect member confidentiality.
Service Credit Union will provide members access to their private information.
- Members of Service Credit Union will have the opportunity to review their information in the presence of a credit union employee and make necessary changes to ensure that Credit Union records are complete and accurate.
- Access will be arranged during regular Credit Union office hours at a mutually agreed upon time so as not to inconvenience other members.
Service Credit Union will only share information about members and former members when absolutely necessary or disclose to other non-affiliated parties as permitted by law, such as
- When sharing is necessary to administer the products and services
- When required to do so by the regulatory bodies
- When the Board of Directors decides to partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services
Service Credit Union will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements.
- Partnering businesses will only be selected if they can offer products designed to enhance members’ economic well being.
- Under no circumstances will the Credit Union authorize these firms to change or access any member account without that member’s written consent nor to provide information to third parties.
- The Credit Union will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
Service Credit Union respects your right to privacy. Because we do, we want you to be aware of what happens when you visit our website.
We may collect and store non-personal information about your visit for internal statistical purposes only. Our web server collects information about your visit to our site and not about you personally. This is done to allow us to monitor logs of site activity to determine the number of people who visit our site, from which domain they arrive (e.g. “msn.com”), and which browser is used. We use these statistics to monitor the performance of our site. This information is used to make the site easier for you to use.
We may also collect personal information (e.g. your name or personal e-mail address) should you knowingly give the information to us. We do this to provide better service to our members. We will not disclose, sell or transfer any personal information about our members or site users to any third parties.
Within www.service-cu.com , you may be asked to give us personal information in order to apply for membership or change your e-mail address (ServiceCU Online). Our application forms securely collect personal information. The information that we collect on our applications is used only to process your request quickly and accurately. When you submit an application, your personal information is encrypted. To confirm that your application form is secure, look for the image of a closed lock or of a whole key on the bottom bar of your browser window and check the website address to be sure it starts with “https:”.
Note that this encryption does not take place if you send us email via the links listed on our website. E-mail messages via the online banking product ServiceCU Online are encrypted.
We do keep member and site user information confidential and safeguard it from unauthorized access.
Service Credit Union does not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from our website about children under age thirteen. If a child whom we know to be under age thirteen sends personal information to us online, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, notify his/her parents, or seek parental consent.
If you have questions about the privacy or security of Service Credit Union’s website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.